Like DevOps, DataOps promotes:
- Continuous software delivery
- Less complexity to manage
- Faster resolution of problems
- Happier, more productive teams
- Higher employee engagement
- Greater professional development opportunities
However here are another 8 that are more specific to DataOps itself:
- DataOps will promote better understanding of your data and what it represents
- DataOps will increase IT project velocity through data automation.
- DataOps will reduce fragility through standardization & repeat-ability of data tasks
- DataOps will enhance testing through “Production-Like” data & patterns
- DataOps will ensure PII compliance with industry regulation e.g. GDPR
- DataOps will ensure enterprise (& customer) data & risks are secure.
- DataOps will ensure “quality data” that supports AI / Machine Learning
- DataOps will enhance “data” collaboration within the DevOps teams